Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fathers Day Poem

There is a man who walks ahead
I follow where his footsteps tread
I watch the way he lends a hand
The way he treats his fellow man

Sometimes before him there is a hill
But he can climb it, I know he will
He says there's nothing man can't do
If he takes the task and sees it through

 I want to be like him some day
To walk through life in the same way
For nothing that he does is bad
It couldn't be, he is my Dad

My dad wrote this back in '83. My mom says he wrote it for a talk or something along those lines, but she didn't really remember exactly. I know he wrote a mother's day poem once that Todd read for a talk, I will have to find that one too and share it. It is pretty good. My mom gave us this poem in a little card on father's day. I think she was trying to make us cry. It worked.

0 comments: