Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Huckleberry Time

This last week I was able to make it up to the mountains 3 times to pick some huckleberries. The first was just a scouting mission with my Parents and the little ones, but since we found some Dad and I went back the next day to do some serious picking without Mom and the kids holding us back.




Thursday Dad, Sadie, and I tried a different mountain. She really liked it and walked around filling her little cup up. She did a good job. Though she likes to call them libraries (liberries).



We got them home and all prepped for the freezer. I held a little bit back and made some Huckleberry ice cream. It was pretty good, and I think I will have to get back up and pick more so we can have it more often throughout the year.

Also, Uncle Short, if you come for a visit I will make some for you.

And the following are just some Jay pictures I wanted to share.



1 comments:

Stacy said...

Julie, I am seriously so jealous. We had fresh huckleberry ice cream in Glacier on our honeymoon, and I have been craving it ever since. Lucky you :) And going out in the mountains to pick the berries looks so fun!